Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February 2014 Boxycharm

I received my February Boxycharm today, way before I expected it! I must say that the packaging this month was too cute. It arrived and was the standard sleek black box, with a pink ribbon, but when I opened it this is what it looked like. I thought it was completely adorable. 


So, I was super excited for the Nars nail polish, as I think everyone was. In the sneak peek, they showed a gorgeous pink color. I know the colors vary box to box, so I was hoping for a pretty pink, purple or red to celebrate Valentines day. But, when I opened my box I was immediately disappointed to find my nail polish was a mustard yellow, one of my least favorite colors. The disappointment did not last long though, my girls staked claim to it within minutes so no big loss for me, if they are happy, I am happy :) You'll need at least two coats of polish with this, like most other polishes but nevertheless, this full-size polish retails for $19.00.

The next product I got was the Mirabella Eye Definer in Bronze. It is a full-size product and retails for $19.00. I wasn't excited about this, until I swatched it. This is so creamy and glides on effortlessly and the color is fantastic and it even blends well. I think this would make a great water liner as well as eyeliner and would make a beautiful smokey eye effect.

Up next is the full-sized  Mirabella LA LA Lips. It retails at $23.00. The color I got is Love Velvet. Now, this lip pencil is amazing. It is smooth and creamy and glides on beautifully with a satin finish. It has intense color pay off and very moisturizing. I would be in love with this, had the color been right, but it is just a little too bright for me.
I also got a blush from Pandora's Makeup Box in Misty Pink. The sale point of this is $18.00.  First I have to say the packaging is absolutely adorable. I love it just because of that. The blush gives pretty good color payoff, but it is a bit chalky. I don't use blushes much, so this will be going to my good friend that loves it :) 

Last, but not least there is the Eyelashi hand tied lashes. I have never worn lashes before, but I guess I better get practicing because I am getting lashes in my Ipsy bag as well. I can say that these lashes are gorgeous, if I can get them on correctly. I just wish they would have came with glue, so I can try these out. These are priced at $9.00.

All in all I paid $21.00 for a box that totaled $88.00. Even though the box was take it or leave it, mostly because of the colors I got, I am still happy with it. If you are thinking of joining Boxycharm, please consider using my referral link, Thank you for reading!

5 comments:

  1. Love the color of the Mirabella La La Lips! Seems like you got a great box!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very gorgeous color, I just wish I had the confidence to rock it!

      Delete
  2. I can't remember if I've heard of this box... The name sounds familiar but I didn't remember them doing makeup lol Ty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my second box, and I am really impressed so far. Thank you so much for taking the time to read!

      Delete
  3. I had to laugh...your review and mine share so many of the same opinions! Great job! Check mine out at: http://splashurl.com/mabo9kc

    ReplyDelete